- Tuesday 11:00am- 7pm
- Wednesday 10:00am- 1:30pm
- Thursday 11am- 6:30pm
- Saturday 9am- 1pm
As an Acupuncturist, Meghan is kind, caring and gentle. She believes that the body has the power to heal and Acupuncture is the catalyst that allows healing to take place.
- Acupuncture Practitioner Diploma, Honours (International Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Dr. Tan's Balance Method (with Dr. Richard Tan):
Clinical Wonder with Acupuncture 1,2,3
Global Balance for Functional Disorders
Treating Zang-fu Disorders with Meridian Conversion
Advanced Balance Method- Seasonal Balance
- Treating Complex Gynecological Conditions with Evidence Based Acupuncture (with Elisabet Stener-Victorin)
- Nutrition; The Forgotten Pillar of Chinese Medicine (with Dr. Marlene Merritt)
- Channel Theory; An Overview of the Secondary Vessels (with Yvonne Farrell)
- A Spirit at Rest; Treating Sleep Disorders with Chinese Medicine (with Yvonne Farrell)
- The Clinical Significance of Emptiness, Spirit and Ego in the Practice of Chinese Medicine (with Lonny Jarret)
- Metabolic Syndrome, Blood and Chinese Medicine (with Sharon Weizenbaum
Meghan DeSouza B.A. R.Ac. is an Orleans Acupuncturist. Meghan is passionate about the well-being and overall health of her acupuncture patients and has helped many people just like you regain or achieve better health. She has a keen interest and years of experience treating many different complaints, such as; pain, insomnia, digestive issues, hormone imbalances, infertility, stress, and labour induction.
Meghan has a strong traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) background, rooted in the teaching that there is an important connection between our emotional or mental health and our physical health. By approaching illnesses from both a physical and mental/emotional side, Meghan's treatments offer greater relief to truly help you achieve your health goals. Traditional Chinese medicine also teaches that each patient is different, there is no recipe for treatments. Meghan will tailor a treatment plan just for you based on your needs and overall health, and adjust that treatment plan if your symptoms change or you when begin to feel better. There are many many acupuncture points to chose from and an art to choosing the right point at the right time, for the right patient. It's this interplay between art and science that makes traditional Chinese medicine style acupuncture so interesting and profoundly healing. Meghan truly loves what she does and enjoys helping her patients heal and reach their goals.
Meghan grew up in Nova Scotia and moved to Ottawa in 2008 to study acupuncture. She graduated from the International Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine with honours in 2011. Meghan is the owner of In Balance Acupuncture & Health Centre and is registered to practice Acupuncture in Ontario with the CTCMPAO. Meghan lives in Orleans with her husband, kindergartner, baby & cat and enjoys gardening, cooking, & yoga.
Before studying acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine Meghan graduated from Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She majored in Cultural Anthropology & Asian Studies and graduated with Honours in 2005, after which she spent a few years living, working & travelling in Japan.
If you're curious about acupuncture but have some questions before booking your first appointment, Meghan offers a complimentary 15 minute meet and greet. You can book this appointment through our online booking system or by calling In Balance at 613-837-8885.