This year do you want to finally kick the sugar monster once and for all? You should. Seriously, sugar is really really bad for you. That’s why we’re excited to announce, and invite you to join, In Balance Acupuncture’s 10 Day No Sugar Challenge. Ten days really isn’t that long, but it is long enough to start feeling better by not eating added sugar.
How does the challenge work?
- commit to 10 days of eating no added sugar by signing up at the front desk at In Balance Acupuncture & Health Centre.
- receive one complimentary Chinese medicine ear seeds treatment with Meghan, Lailee, or Tracey to help curb cravings.
- receive daily tips, encouragement & recipes by email or on our facebook page (please state your preference on the sign up sheet at In Balance Acupuncture when you commit to the challenge).
- BONUS! Make it to 20 days and receive a complimentary 60 minute acupuncture treatment with Meghan, Lailee, or Tracey.
When you accept the challenge & sign up at In Balance Acupuncture you will gain access to the full No Sugar Challenge Ground Rules, but here’s a shortened version to get you started:
Added Sugar Includes (but is not limited to): sugar, glucose, fructose, high fructose corn syrup, barley malt, rice syrup, agave, maple syrup, maple sugar, honey, cane sugar, evaporated cane sugar, coconut sugar, palm sugar. You may also wish to not eat artificial sweeteners, these includes: aspartame, erythritol, isomalt, maltitol, saccharin, sorbitol, sucralose, Sugar Twin, Sweet N’ Low, xylitol.
What To Expect: cutting out sugar is hard but worth it. The first few days are the hardest, you may feel unwell- headaches, mood swings, sweats, shakes, increased sugar/ carbohydrate cravings, and dizziness are all normal. This is your body reacting to not getting something it has become addicted to (sugar!). After the initial few days you will start to have more energy, sleep better, skin may begin to clear, mood will stabilize, and cravings will subside.
How To Prepare: You will be more successful in the challenge if you prepare prior to February 15th.
- Tell your family you are doing this, why you are doing it, and that you need their support.
- Remove or hide all sugary foods in your home.
- Schedule your complimentary Chinese medicine Ear Seed treatment with Meghan, Lailee or Tracey.
- Go shopping! You can find a no sugar shopping list here.
Remember, we’ll be doing it too! From all of us at In Balance- good luck & good health!